Following the provisions of the Italian health authorities, the Library is open to external readers by appointment. For the safety of our readers and the AAR community, access to the Library for non-residents will be reduced to a limited number of readers from Wednesday through Friday, from 9:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00 to 6:00pm, with an early closing of the Library on Friday at 5.00pm. The Library will close from 1:00 to 2:00pm and on Friday at 5:00pm to provide for additional cleaning.
Access is granted only upon reservation. Reservations are personal and cannot be transferred to others. Reservations must be made at academyaccess.aarome.org. Prospective readers must fulfill the requirements and have completed the access procedures before making a reservation. Access will be limited to one day per week per reader to allow the largest number of readers to work at the Library.
The following safety measures apply:
- Masks must be worn at all times
- Regular hand washing or use of hand sanitizer
- Social distancing (2 meters)
- Maintaining a well-ventilated environment
For further information and to visit the Library, please access the reservation form at academyaccess.aarome.org.
For questions and suggestions, please contact Sebastian Hierl, Drue Heinz Librarian, at s.hierl [at] aarome.org.
Academy facilities are closed during most Italian national holidays as well as the fourth Thursday of November (American Thanksgiving) and on July 4 (American Independence Day).
The following applies to any visitor of the AAR Library:
- To enter the AAR Library, you need a photo ID (readers’ card; for new readers: ID)
- No bag, backpack, or luggage larger than 40 x 35 x 15 cm (16 x 14 x 6 in.) is permitted on the property. There is no possibility to leave large items at the gate