Friends of the Library bring together individuals who believe that the Arthur and Janet C. Ross Library is one of the Academy’s greatest assets. Membership dues help to further independent research and study in one of the world’s strongest collections of ancient Mediterranean art and archaeology, classical literature, ancient topography, and other related fields. Members enjoy exclusive events and special library privileges.
Levels of Support
$250 annually for an individual or couple.
Enjoy benefits such as:
- Invitation to the annual Fall Reception to welcome new Rome Prize Fellows and Italian Fellows
- Invitation to the Summer Garden Party
- Rome Sustainable Food Project buffet lunch with the AAR community, Monday–Saturday*
- Acknowledgement on the AAR website
- All public events throughout the year
$1,500 annually for an individual or couple.
Enjoy all of the above, plus invitations such as:
- Access to the AAR Library, Monday–Friday, 9:00am–6:00pm
- Dinner with the Drue Heinz Librarian following the annual Patricia H. Labalme Friends of the Library Lecture
- Private preview of AAR exhibitions with curators and artists
- Special access to the Academy Bar and buffet lunches*
- Reserved seating for select events
- Guided tour of the McKim, Mead & White Building and Villa Aurelia
- Acknowledgement in the McKim Medal Gala program and AAR Magazine
* Buffet lunches and items at the Academy Bar are subject to an additional fee.
Friends of the Library have enjoyed events such as a private visit to the Vatican Library Conservation Workshop and Salone Sistino with Director and Conservator Dr. Angela Nuñez; a behind-the-scenes tour of the Barbara Goldsmith Rare Book Room and presentation of some of the Academy’s most valuable rare books with Drue Heinz Librarian Sebastian Hierl; and a private visit to the Istituto Centrale per la Grafica to explore their collections of plates by engravers such as Giovanni Battista Falda, Giuseppe Vasi, and Giovanni Battista Piranesi.